Throughout our lives, there are ups and down, twists and turns, mountains and valleys...ok enough analogies...you get it. Change is inevitable and I actually like it. As a child, change scared me a lot. Even the littlest of things. We had one of those square, old-fashioned phones that was red. When we got rid of it...I cried. In high school, I learned that a phobia of change was called Metathesiophobia. Yikes! I didn't want that. Also, I was smart enough to know that I'd be in big trouble if I let this fear take over my life. So instead I started to embrace change and actually enjoy it. Which is good considering my life has changed a lot in the past few years.
Currently, I'm on the precipice of yet more change. And right now I feel a little lost and like I'm in limbo. There's a lot of new going on and a lot of waiting for new to happen. Applying for a new job, new grad school program and soon a new apartment. As scary as it can be I am really excited. I have a really good feeling that great things are ahead. I just have to be patient.
2 comments:
Yes, the idea of change and the reality of change is always interesting. I always want to change, but sometimes I think staying and changing or embracing what is, is also valuable, important, and sometimes mandatory for greater change. Life is difficult, but remembering why you want to do things, and following through I think will take you where you want to go. At least I hope!
I read a recent blog post of yours about always searching for a new job, new place to live and how you finally settled into the place you are now. It totally resonated within me. Some of us have this innate desire to always explore, learn, and grow that we sometimes forget we can do that while being stationary...at least for a little while! Hope all is well with you : )
Post a Comment