Friday, November 8, 2013

gratitude

November is gratitude month, though, I believe every month, every day we should write down/discuss what we are grateful for in this life. Whenever I'm being negative or having a bad moment, my boyfriend's favorite question to ask me is "what are you grateful for?" Here is a list for every day of November of the things that I'm grateful for. Make your own list and share!

1. My boyfriend, Joshua. He is by far one of the most positive, uplifting people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He has the ability to bring out the best in people and always brings a smiles to everyone's face. Five minutes in a room with him and everyone is laughing. I'm a better person for knowing him.

2. My family. Through thick and thin, no matter what (even when we disagree), they are always there for me and I for them. I have taken many risks in life and with great risks come great "failures." My family has been with me through every step of the way.

3. My friends. Are more like my family. They have been with me through some crazy times and we have amazing memories together.

4. My cat, Calliope. She is a calico and has a personality and a half. She knows when I'm upset and will snuggle up to me. She's also a fan of laying in the funniest positions which is always good for a laugh.

5. Chocolate. Do I really have to elaborate?

6. The ocean. Growing up less than a mile of the beach is a blessing. One of my favorite places to meditate is on the beach. Sometimes there is nothing more relaxing and centering than the sound of the waves and the smell of the salt air.

7. The mountains/rock climbing. Finding rock climbing nine years ago changed my life. I feel my calmest when up in the mountains, surrounded by giant trees and friends. Second to meditating on the beach, I am my most present when climbing.

8. The sky. Daytime sky, nighttime sky. It's all magical.

Whenever feeling down or negative, think about what you're grateful for and even write them down and put them in a jar! That way you always have them on hand when feeling a bit blue.

Much love,
S

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...