Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all are enjoying autumn and taking advantage of the amazing weather we have been having. Take time for yourself and go for a walk, run, hike, sit by the ocean, discover the beautiful trails near and far. Whatever it is that brings you joy, do it. This brings me to my reason for writing today and it's about self-respect. Like most of you, my life is a never ending to do list. While I love every minute of it and (mostly) have fun, there's come a point where I crash. If you are like me it is important to figure out the reasons why this happens. This is why living mindfully is key. I have a tendency to think that I can do it all, do it well and on my own. Work 40-50 hour weeks, sure! Start school again, heck yes! Pick up another job, ok! Help start a business, love to! Go climbing, always! Add in family, friends, cooking, cleaning, and all of the other fun little things I add to the list...no wonder I crash. When you jam pack your schedule like I do some things tend to fall by the waste side like sleep and healthy eating. Getting plenty of rest, water and proper foods is what fuels the body and mind so that we can all tackle our busy lives and be healthy and happy while doing it! This is where self-respect comes in. You need to take time for yourself. Here are some things you can do:
1. Learn to say no.
2. Ask for help.
3. Prioritize. Get yourself a planner and use it! Carry it with you everywhere. It's your personal assistant.
4. Meditate. Even if it's only for one minute. Learn to quiet your mind. This will help you focus and become more in tune with yourself.
5. Plan your meals. This is a huge area where most people (including myself!) are lacking. I have a hard time with it myself. Make time to plan meals for the week or make time (morning or night) to make healthy snacks and food for the day. I'll make another post with quick and easy recipes! Really need help find a Certified Health Coach! I have just begun school at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and have two wonderful colleagues who would love to help you. Joshua Louro and Adam Davenport of Life's Epiphany are two of the most positive and energetic people I know. Check them out at www.lifes-epiphany.com
Much love,
S
No comments:
Post a Comment